Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta
It's raining outside and the fire is crackling indoors; sometimes all you want is a simple pasta recipe that's hearty and warming. With fresh basil, olives and sticky balsamic glaze, you'll be whipping up another batch tomorrow night. We promise this one will only pull you away from the fire for 15 minutes.
- 85 g sun-dried tomatoes (1 cup)
- 15 g fresh basil leaves (1/2 cup)
- 15 g nutritional yeast or 1/3 cup vegan parmesan
- 40 g pine nuts (1/4 cup)
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 75 mL olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- Pinch of salt
- 300 g pasta
- 175 g pasta water
- Handful of green olives
- Thick balsamic vinegar to taste
- Boil the pasta as per package directions, with salt.
- Blend all the pesto ingredients in an immersion blender or food processor until the pesto reaches the desired consistency. You might have to stop and scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- Adjust the seasoning. If you want it to be more garlicky, add an extra garlic clove. Add more olive oil for a thinner and runnier pesto.
- Once the pasta is boiled, save some of the pasta water, which should be combined with the pesto and cooked pasta to achieve a creamy texture.
- Top with olives and balsamic vinegar to your liking.
Recipe from: https://ourplantbasedworld.com/sun-dried-tomato-pesto-pasta/#Recipe